Saturday, July 24, 2010

Why I like my Kindle

Kindle Wireless Reading Device, Free 3G, 6" Display, White, 3G Works Globally - Latest Generation
Kindle 2
So I have been using an Amazon Kindle 2 6" for about three months now and I really like reading on it.
I have found that I actually am reading more and I think this is because there is less text per page, and also that there is only one page. Since I am typically such a slow reader having less to initally view keeps the book accessible and it doesn't seem so daunting like  "uhh..that is a lot of words"

I also love how thin it is and how there is no back light. It is very easy to read.
And having so many books in one device is excellent for trips.

What I do miss about a real book is the thumbing through the pages, the art work and the smell.
There will always be something special about holding an old book.

Amazon just lowered the price and the new 2.5 firmware upgrade is sweet with noticeable speed increases in page turns, and having collection is cool. Facebook and Twitter posting is cool too for sharing types.

1 comment:

U.T. Gutter said...

Well it looks like the Kindle just got updated! And the price went way down, plus it has anew dark gray body color