Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Hunter Heritage Tour

Here is the review I posted for Ticketmaster for the Opeth, Mastodon, Ghost show at the Fox Theater in Oakland, CA.
I gave the show  5 out of 5 stars.

This was a show that I bought tickets for as soon as I could get them, total chance. I went to the Fox Theater website one day and there was Opeth staring right at me. I was almost in disbelief. So I jumped on it and I did it...BAM...I am going to that...I am buying two tickets and someone is going with me.
Well....time marches on and I barely made it and no one went with me, but going solo has it pluses too :) This was an awesome show, best i have been too in a while. Regrettably I missed Ghost, but I saw Mastodon and Opeth both at their best. I went to see to Opeth but Mastodon totally blowed me away with pure energy, spirit, and massive power...they were awesome. I will be at their next show asap.
For me to see Opeth finally was like a kid in a candy store, or a birthday present...when Mikael and the band walked out on stage, that was just a really special moment for me. They played so awesome. First two off Heritage and then get this...right into Windowpane...it was so good to hear.


I have to talk about something Opeth did that was SWEET. So they are shredding along playing The Devil's Orchard and all the lights and strobes are going off in blues and greens, you know it is almost like a rapture, the crowd is taken away. Then all of a sudden, all the lights go black except for Mikael being lit up in red, and him flashing horns with his right hand...it was epic. Then wham, right back in to the song. It was totally awesome. 
I have to say that the staff at the Fox Theater is the best in the business...always helpful, into music, kind, and you know, cool.

No comments: